Friday, February 5, 2010

What can you do with yarn?


We decided to try making yarn locks! I watched some YouTube videos on how to braid it into the girls' hair, and then we tried it. Wasn't too difficult, just VERY time consuming. We started Naomi's hair Saturday afternoon about 4:30 and didn't finish by eleven, so we put her to bed. Woke up Sunday and started again, hoping to be done by church time. That wasn't to be, so we stayed home while Dad and Fiona went. In all it took 11 hours to do hers. Fiona's took a little longer because I messed up one side by grabbing too little a section of hair so I had to go back and re-do it. We don't know how long its gonna last, but I'm hoping at least 3 weeks. We shall see. The girls love their long hair. Fiona's favorite way to wear it is hanging in her face. That's okay around the house, but we make her pull it back out of her eyes when she goes to school or church. I'm guessing it would be about $75-$100 if we went to a salon and had them do it, per girl. It cost us $3.25 for the skane of yarn.



No comments: