Monday, May 16, 2011

WHERE HAVE WE BEEN????

Have you been wondering why there haven't been any posts in a long time on this blog? Laziness & boredom... that's the best I can come up with. BUT, I'm here to turn over a new leaf and breathe life into this project again.

Since last posting we've done some moving around. We sold our home on Eider Cove in Tennessee and moved ourselves to Laramie, Wyoming. We went from a beautiful 4 bedroom home on a little lake in Collierville to a little 4 bdrm rental house in Laramie on Kearney St. What a change it was! Here are a few pictures of Life In Laramie:

709 E. Kearney St.  Laramie, WY  82070
Home Sweet Home in Laramie for the 5 months we lived there. Our little rental house was cramped quarters, but we made do. It had 2 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. Two up, which were our sleeping quarters, and 2 down which we utilized as storage for all our boxes. On top of that, we also had a storage unit in Laramie to house all the furniture that wouldn't fit in this little place.





This house was next door to us. Its actually a duplex. Upstairs lived a guy from somewhere in South America. I talked to him once, and he told me where, but i can't recall now. He was very quiet and friendly. Downstairs lived 2 younger guys, college kids who attended UWYO. They came & went thru the gate you see between the houses. Their door was in the rear.
Down from the grey house was a 4-plex. I became acquainted with one of the guys who lived there. He said he was so glad that we had moved in because it was nice to see a family in the neighborhood.


This house was to our other side, next to the alley. It was a tri-plex and housed more students. Each floor of the house was a unit.
The upstairs unit had 3 or 4 college kids who were always coming and going. They were servers at one of the well known restaurants downtown and kept late hours. The first night we moved in they were out hanging on the porch & in the yard. Rick & I were reuniting after spending 6 months living apart. Our window was open a little bit and lets just say we unknowingly gave those neighbors something to chat about. We know because they were mimicking some of the sounds they heard coming from our bedroom window. I was so dang embarrassed! I never looked one of those kids in the face. And I kept the dang window shut!
Just a random house in the neighborhood. We lived in the "treed section" of town. Most homes are older homes which have been remodeled or added on to. Many are multi-units because of the need for student housing. One thing we liked to do was walk around and look at houses. One day I decided to take some random shots and this is one of them. I like the wagon wheels that they incorporated into their fence. One great thing about living where we did was that there were sidewalks everywhere.



Another random house in the neighborhood. All these houses had alley ways behind them. Many times people have a separate garage on the alley. The trash truck goes up and down the alley, and it was a lil noisy on those mornings.
I took these pictures the first two months we lived in Laramie, before the cold set in. We enjoyed sunny days up until early November.

No comments: