This is the conversation Naomi and I had at lunch today, over a bowl of clam chowder:
Naomi: Mommy, I have a new friend at school that's a boy.
Me: Oh really? Boys make good friends. What's his name?
Naomi: I don't know, but he winked at me in music.
Me: He winked at you? Wow. Did you wink back?
Naomi: No. But I smiled at him.
Me: How does it make you feel when somebody winks at you?
Naomi: Good. It made me think "Oh, maybe he wants me to be his friend."
Me: Its nice to have new friends, isn't it?
Naomi: Yes. I got to be on his monster team when we went out for recess.
Me: His monster team? We're you one of the monsters?
Naomi: No. I got to be his dog.
I was supposed to say "Oh, that's great!" , but I couldn't. I let the conversation end there. My daughter......some boy's dog.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(79)
-
▼
September
(17)
- YOUR PRAYERS NEEDED
- Tigers beat Arkansas St. 29-17 !
- Do You Know The Significance of the Photo?
- "New Do" for Omi
- Lunch in the Park
- Conversations With Five-year Olds
- All the Beautiful Pumpkins !
- Treats for the Tigers
- This One's For You, Ryan
- Wig Fun
- GO TIGERS !
- RUBY T. DOG
- Silly Girl Stuff
- Ladybug Picnic
- Listen to her words
- I Lost My Tooth...Two of 'Em !
- Poem
-
▼
September
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment