Fiona has a totally different texture hair than Naomi. I'm still learning what to do with hers, and I resolve that I will not be putting any kind of relaxer (chemical straightener) in either girls hair. Fiona wears a lot of headbands around her little fro. I spray and then moisturize hers each morning, then pick it out with my fingers to fluff it up. She had a haircut early last spring when it was getting bushy looking. Right now we're going to continue to let it grow. Sometimes we put little afro ponys in it, but Ona has a big round melon of a head, and too many of those puffs looks kinda silly on her. She does like Naomi's beads, so hopefully in the next little while she'll have long enough hair to add some beading to hers, too. But right now she can't sit still long enough for a do like that.
Before we decided to try and adopt black American daughters, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do black hair. But I didn't want "hair" to be the reason we couldn't adopt. So I prayed to my Heavenly Father many times, asking Him if He would help me in learning to style black hair, and I'm happy to admit that He helps me all the time to give my sweet daughters hair styles they feel comfortable wearing. And I feel happy in sharing with you this truth; that a loving Father in heaven will help us do even the little things, if we but ask Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment